Friday, May 22, 2009

Power breakfast


Last night when I got home I was totally spent.Having worked late every night last week and then the weekend, without any real rest, my body was just letting me know that it had had enough. I changed into a maxi dress and poured myself a rum and coke. The plan was to have my drink while my feet soaked in the foot spa, while listening to Evolver cause if y'all did not know John Legend is coming to Trinidad and I buy my VIP pass today!!!! (happy dance)
Because one of my quirks is not liking to have cold drinks with ice, but rather frozen, I put my cocktail in a thermal cup, and placed it in the freezer to chill. I then made the biggest mistake of the night - I lay down on bed to stretch my inflamed back. And that was all she wrote. I woke up at 5am - with the lights on, makeup on and my cocktail a brown block of ice. I took said drink out of the freezer and placed it on my dresser for some reason, and stripped and went back to bed.

Woke up at 7.30, still tired but my body cannot do long night sleep like normal people. I got a slice of toast and walked back to my room, and downed the now melted rum and coke at 7.30am. lol. Does this mean I am a lush or that I was just plain thirsty!? Don't try this breakfast at home, friends.

As you may have guessed I have the day off cause I don't normally have that sort of breakfast at the office, nor do I blog from the office. I have been threatening to see a movie for weeks and life just always gets in the way. It is amazing how going to the cinema, buying some chips (I hate popcorn) and relaxing to see a movie requires so much planning and organisation for me. Nothing is simple anymore? Today is the day though - I swear. Today it just has to happen. I have errands which I should have started already but I wanted to pee out a bit of the rum in case the cops catch up with me and plus I just feel tired still. It has been a very hard 3 weeks - and I am totally burnt out. I had hoped to travel today but decided to save that money for a longer weekend.

But in other news, I met a really hot guy - first hot guy in months. I am not sure if he knows that I am checking him out, and I hope he was checking me out, but when he calls me back (we have some business to finalise), I think I may bite some balls and ask him out. I have never asked a man out in my life cause they usually come to me - the miscreants and the not so miscreant. But that sure as hell is not working out for me is it? I am not sure if he is married so I am hesitant.I don't want to come across as some desperada. He is older (of course, I like 'em marinated) and so gorgeous. And he wowed me. I have not been wowed in a very long time. I am not as bold with such things as I am with others. Matters of the heart and of the loins can destabilise strength of character sometimes.

But maybe I should have some more rum today so that when he calls, I would me Mellow Melanie. Wish me luck. And have a good day.

3 comments:

  1. *fingers crossed!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask him! I asked both Dale and Bill out, and it's possible that Bill may never have asked me...at least that is what he's said.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it I say - no harm in trying something (someone) new. Good luck {hugs}

    ReplyDelete